The Simulation Specialist is a key partner in creating a culture of excellence for all educational activities supported by the Simulation Program and Learning Institute. The Simulation Specialist has a technical focus and will provide operational support for simulations, including preparation, maintenance and repair of computerized manikins (software and hardware), task trainers, and related multimedia. In accordance with sound educational practices, the Simulation Specialist will be involved in needs assessment, evaluation and data collection. The Simulation Specialist must have comprehensive knowledge of the technology, simulators, and audiovisual systems within the Simulation Program.
- Install software and hardware upgrades and maintain functionality of manikin components as directed by manufacturer support.
- Designs and prints task trainers using various software (tinkerCAD, Solidworks) and 3D printer
- Collaborates with Simulation Specialist and Simulation Educators in all aspects of planning, preparation, programming, and testing for simulation activities.
- Responsible for set-up, transition, and break down for simulation activities (including equipment and multimedia needs).
- Assist with ensuring the Simulation Centre is in compliance with Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Accreditation standards.
- Ensures exceptional service to all education and clinical partners
- Maintains the Simulation Centre as a clean, safe and operational facility and optimal learning environment.
- Serves as simulator operator during simulation activities.
- Trouble-shoots high fidelity and procedural skills equipment.
- Leads or assists with research or quality improvement studies.
- Simulation experience.
- Excellent technical skills required to facilitate use of simulation equipment and troubleshoot malfunctions.
- Excellent skills working with computer software and comfort with information technology.
- Teaching/facilitation skills highly recommended.
- Ability to function independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Registered with the appropriate professional regulating body (if applicable)
- Strong computer skills including PowerPoint, Word, Excel. Programming skills an asset
- Strong leadership abilities, effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma, preferably in a technical, IT, educational or healthcare related field
Job Category: Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vaughan, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A