Our Staff (i.e Lead) Data Scientists focus on pushing products and the business forward, with a focus on solving important problems rather than specific tools. We are looking for talented data scientists to help us better understand our merchants and buyers so we can help them on their journey.
- Extensive experience using Python including a strong grasp of object oriented programming (OOP) fundamentals
- 7-10 years of commercial experience in a data science role solving high impact business problems
- Multiple work streams excites you, you are able to use ambiguity as an opportunity for high level thinking.
- You have been working closely with various levels of business stakeholders, from c-suite and down.
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLMs or experiment design and analysis.
- Exposure to Tableau, QlikView, Mode, Matplotlib, or similar data visualization tools.
- You can jump into the code on a deep level, but are also able to contribute to long term initiatives by mentoring your team.
- Experience creating data product strategies, data products, iterating after launch, and trying again.
- Previous experience using Spark.
- You have experience with product leadership and technical decision making.
- You have well built technical experience that inspires individual contributors creativity and innovation.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A