The Partner Governance team enables the growth of a healthy, and competitive Partner ecosystem. We collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of developers, product managers, lawyers, content strategists, marketers, and data scientists to ensure that our partner ecosystem is secure and reliable for our merchants. As Shopify continues to grow, expand its geographical footprint and develop new product offerings, avenues for fraud and policy violations constantly evolve. Our job is to stay ahead of both existing and emerging trends within our partner ecosystem through policy definition, violation detection, and enforcement.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with various teams across Shopify to identify and address new policy violations.
- Build out feedback loop with teams across Shopify that intersect with Governance to understand how our teams organize and work together to build playbooks
- Contribute to the Partner Governance program strategy and roadmap
- Participate in critical incident response and mitigation efforts involving our Partners. Escalation contact for Partner Governance On-call rotation
- Overseeing a team of Compliance Specialists and Coordinators; You will be responsible for performance management and building a high impact team
- Ensuring that playbooks and processes are accurately and consistently applied; ability to identify process and investigation workflow inefficiencies and implement alternative approaches
- People management: Experience in a similar role, with at least 2 of those years in leadership setting objectives, and leading a team. You’ve been responsible for performance management, and have navigated tough conversations with direct reports
- Communication Skills: Great communication skills. You are comfortable contributing and soliciting feedback from teams across the organization including senior leadership.
- Relationship management: You can interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups and have experience providing clear requirements and feedback to others disciplines and crafts on how their work could impact governance
- Proficient in SQL, Mode, and Splunk
- Understanding blinds spots: Identifying and escalating critical infractions or product risks to Product & Commercial Leadership.
- Knowledge of our partner ecosystem
- 3+ years experience investigating and actioning TOS violations within the Fraud, Risk, Governance or Trust and Safety space
- Growth mindset: You’re agile, resourceful, and willing to continuously challenge yourself to learn and grow.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waterloo, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A