Partner governance has an incredibly important job of reducing or removing potential, new and ongoing abuse, misuse and fraud from within our ecosystem. The Partner Governance team enables the growth of a healthy and competitive Partner ecosystem through policy definition, violation detection, and enforcement. We collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of developers, product managers, lawyers, content strategists, user researchers, marketers, and data scientists to deliver the best possible experience for both our partners and merchants.
- Critical Incident Response: Work with marketing, PR, legal and other technical teams across Shopify to investigate, promptly mitigate merchant risk, and communicate outcomes to our partners; this includes participating in a Partner Governance On-call rotation (24/7 365).
- Making hard decisions about enforcing rules when there may be real, negative consequences to a company or individual’s success, often in time-sensitive scenarios.
- Major & Critical Infractions: Lead the charge to investigate and address major and critical reports of violations within our ecosystem & communicate outcomes to our partner community.
- Drafting communications, tailoring the context of the conversation to both internal and client facing audiences.
- Gaining alignment on precedent setting cases amongst cross-functional teams within Shopify, including Product, Marketing, Support, Partnerships, Legal and Leadership.
- Experience defining and enforcing rules for large groups of people.
- High level understanding of Shopify’s partner ecosystem.
- Organizational and time management skills: Experience thriving in time-sensitive, ambiguous, high-pressure situations with tight deadlines.
- You demonstrate flexibility as workloads and complexity fluctuate with minimal supervision.
- 1+ years experience in a similar role investigating and actioning TOS violations within the Fraud, Risk, Security, Governance or Trust and Safety space.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills: This means you have the ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences about complex situations using plain language.
Ability to recognize and understand multiple perspectives in a situation without getting blocked by analysis paralysis.
- Growth mindset: You’re agile, resourceful, and willing to continuously challenge yourself to learn and grow. Curiosity for digging into how technical systems, services and infrastructure work to answer targeted questions on abuse and fraud.
- Moderately technical: There’s a lot of vernacular and processes where some technical aptitude is beneficial.
- Technical: Proficient in SQL, Mode, and Splunk.
- Security investigation and diagnostic skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waterloo, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A