The Director, Development, is responsible for developing Retail Payments and core banking integration systems for Canadian Banking Technology. This individual must therefore be able to listen and guide the extended team during planning sessions; and be able to immerse into complex ecosystems. We are looking for a competent leader expert that can define and execute our Canadian Banking Technology Strategy in alignment with Enterprise Strategy and Standards.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to leverage platform capabilities effectively, deliver future proof technology solutions and take a leading role in initiatives to drive innovation and digital transformation throughout the Bank. This will be achieved through defining a business technology roadmap focused on customer information and intelligent interaction, API integration, Analytics and Cloud based solutions.
- Provide strategic solutions for our continual needs for scalability and resiliency.
- Uses multiple strategies to attract, retain and motivate the highest caliber of technology talent; building a cohesive team with a shared vision. Provides strong leadership in setting the groups priorities, strategy and performance objectives.
- Motivates individual and team performance, knowledge sharing, interprets organizational direction, measures performance and diagnoses training and development needs.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Key contributor to the overall success of the organization ensuring specific goals, plans, and initiatives that are executed / delivered in alignment with the business strategies and objectives.
- Lead development teams to ensure highly scalable, extensible, and performant solutions.
- Champion the Canadian Banking Technology Retail Payments and core banking integration systems in accordance with policies including data security, scalability, integrity, accessibility and data driven decision making by buying/building/adopting the right tools, culture and processes in alignment with the Enterprise directions.
- Deliver on solution architecture, system and solution designs, and lead cross functional implementation of IT solutions to enable business value
- Lead the implementation of transformative technology initiatives to enable Canadian Banking Technology’s success through increased efficiency, reduced cost, faster time to market
- Translate resulting architecture or resulting design into capabilities and platforms that comply with existing (and evolving) standards and best practices.
- Experience with vendor product assessment & selection, vendor management & negotiation of contractual terms
- 10 years of experience in a leadership role with technical architecture, data, application development or delivery focus
People management and leadership
- Proven ability to deliver platforms and capabilities and managing solutions through the lifecycle
- Considerable experience transforming a delivery team to adopt Agile principles and operate in an DevOps environment enabling CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery).
- Deep understanding of heterogeneous infrastructure technologies, business drivers, emerging technology trends– e.g. mainframe, event driven solution, real time payments, API integration, and leading transformational change incorporating modern technologies.
- Subject area experience with anti-money laundering & KYC, compliance and regulatory requirements (such as AML, CASL, OSFI) is an asset
- Tools skills/experience in Mainframe, Midrange, Cloud (Google, Azure), PCF, Java based platforms and frameworks, APIs,
- Micro service architectures & cloud components.
- Significant experience leading complex solution and implementations
- Experience managing operating budgets and project budgets
- Subject area experience with Financial Industry products and services preferred: Retail Banking/Lending (including small business), Credit Card and Debit Card payment processing
- Strong project management skills, able to multi-task and manage concurrent projects
Job Category: Banking
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oshawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A