Reporting to the Team Lead, IT Operations, you will be responsible for the execution of the event, incident and problem management processes of mission-critical systems, applications and IT infrastructure. This includes triaging and resolving issues ranging from store outages, server failures, network failures, faulty applications, and system access requests. IT Infrastructure Administrators operate in shifts to provide 24-hour service coverage, 365 days a year.
- Monitoring and responding to alarms to ensure the protection and integrity of the hardware, software, and business systems.
- Fostering good relationships and processes with internal and external teams to identify and triage operational issues.
- Engaging vendors and support teams when necessary to ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner within SLA timeframes
- Batching job scheduling and setup for report archival, printing, and distribution to ensure critical events are monitored and acted upon, including root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Recording, tracking, and documenting the incident and problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Resolution of incidents and job failures using documented procedures and coordination with other support teams
- Administering software used for enterprise monitoring, job scheduling, report archival and print management.
- Executing scheduled maintenance activities, security requests, and change requests.
- Communicating application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end-users, and unit leaders.
- Oversee the monitoring of batch schedules and the execution of production batch jobs.
- The ability to learn easily, be flexible and work simultaneously with many customers (various technologies).
- Collaborative with experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience with change management processes and tools as well as change and problem management practices.
- Analytical with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Having VCA, VCP, ITIL or any Certification in Azure\Office 365 will be a huge asset.
- Knowledge of the following tools or platforms: Control-M, Nagios, VM Openview, Intermapper, SOTI, AirWatch, Bigfix, LDAP, AD, Windows, UNIX, Cisco, ServiceNow.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mission-critical technology infrastructure (supported platforms, operating systems, middleware and network components) and common processes utilized for each.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end-user procedures.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- MCSE, MCSA or MS Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate certificate is a must.
- A strong communicator, both verbal and written with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Customer service focused with the ability to adapt to changing environments and processes.
- Able to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts and technical application issues.
Job Category: Supermarket
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Langley, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A