Reporting to the Supervisor, Facilities, you will be responsible for coordinating and providing timely execution of retail store & other building Facilities Maintenance preventive & corrective services, such as HVAC, Refrigeration, Plumbing, Electrical, Handyman, Grounds Maintenance & Janitorial services categories. This includes troubleshooting building & equipment repairs, conducting store inspections, working closely with service providers, administrating contracts, identifying solutions, and providing resolutions in a timely cost-effective manner, while always providing Customer First Service to retail store teams and third-party service providers.
- Working closely with Property Management team to determine lease repair responsibilities
- Working with service providers in different regions, with a multiple store portfolio.
- Coordinating building & equipment repairs & preventive maintenance programs.
- Ensuring cost control with obtaining multiple quotes and working on RFQ projects.
- Conducting facilities maintenance site audits (this includes out of town travel).
- Providing ongoing support to the retail stores relating to building structure building systems and equipment.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders, such as Planning, Construction and Real Estate team with setting up preventive maintenance services for new stores.
- Keep detailed and compressive files and records relating to repairs & PM programs.
- Coordinate emergency store repairs and critical incidents, such as power outage generator rentals, major water leaks (remediation services), hot water issues, urgent refrigeration repairs etc.
- Working closely with Facility Maintenance manager to review & approve quotes, service contracts & new service providers.
- BOMI (system maintenance technician) is considered an asset.
- A strong communicator with the ability to promote collaborative working relationships.
- Able to work independently with self-starter work ethic.
- Working knowledge of construction, fire suppression, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, HVAC systems, building automaton and elevating devices.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Customer service focused.
- Able to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel out of town as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience in Facilities Maintenance or relevant field.
- Food Safe Certification is considered an asset.
- Experience in work order software management systems
- Facility Management Certificate is considered an asset.
- Organized with superior planning and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
Job Category: Supermarket
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Langley, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A