Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in preparing financial reporting packages for the manufacturing divisions and other legal entities for consolidations. You will assist in pricing, profitability, and KPI analysis as well as oversee the full cycle accounting and will be in regular communication with the operations and sales team of the manufacturing divisions.
- Assisting in budgeting and KPI analysis.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in completing monthly financial packages.
- Documenting and evaluating the effectiveness of business processes and controls.
- Preparing journal entries as required and resolving any related issues.
- Assisting with special projects and ad hoc analysis as required.
- Performing data mining and analysis to identify trends, patterns, and metrics.
- Supporting other departments (ie. Operations, Sales, HR, etc.) with both ad-hoc and recurring reporting requirements.
- Assisting in coordinating the period end close for the business.
- Assessing opportunities for business or system process improvements/efficiencies.
- Researching and commenting on financial statement variances (period, quarter, and/or annual basis); Identifying abnormalities or trends that may exist.
- Ensuring financial statements are complete and accurate.
- Working with operations to support their initiative to achieve efficiencies.
- Highly analytical with strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Capable of acting on own initiative, exercising sound judgment and prioritizing tasks.
- Previous experience with budget preparation.
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional with interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Self-aware and empathetic and possess a high level of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Experience with platforms, such as PowerBI, considered an asset.
- Previous full-cycle accounting experience is required.
- Able to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to multitask during tight deadlines and have solid time management skills.
- Able to understand, document and evaluate business processes.
Job Category: Supermarket
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A