Accountable to provide technical solutions for dynamic business initiatives by working with the business to develop detailed technical requirements, producing technical designs and models, test plans, and software to ensure the proper delivery of these new initiatives to SaskTel’s customers. Responsible to understand and evaluate new technologies, providing recommendations for their deployment within SaskTel. Provides consultative expertise within the Technology Division on the use of analytics tools and data science principles, data visualizations and dashboards, and data management as well as presenting insights to senior management.
- Accountable for promoting a productive and positive environment for staff that encourages innovation, teamwork, initiative and models corporate values.
- Motivates staff by assigning challenging work, planning and managing internal communications and awareness of corporate direction, mission, plans and activities.
- Ensures all safety, health, environmental and code of conduct policies, programs and standards are understood and complied with at all times.
- Proactively identify and action opportunities to increase customer satisfaction (internal and external customers).
- Ensure sound financial control within area of responsibility by developing annual operating and capital budgets, monitoring performance to budget and taking action as appropriate.
- Develops, negotiates and implements contracts for acquisition of goods & services related to area of responsibility.
- Leads, directs and manages staff to ensure the effective use of HR resources.
- Maximizes performance by selecting (hire external or promote from within), developing, mentoring and sustaining a high level of expertise among staff.
- Organize and direct work including prioritizing assignments, establishing objectives, providing regular performance feedback, conducting year end performance appraisals and taking necessary corrective action as may be required.
- Assists in staff career planning, establishes development and succession plans and ensures relevant HR procedures and policies are followed (provisions of the collective agreement, performance appraisals, discipline, grievance, etc).
- Accountable for provisioning and managing contracted resources as may be required.
- Education and experience (one of the following combinations)
- Ability to understand and implement new and emerging technologies to deliver new products and services.
- Ability to function well in ambiguous situations, with particular emphasis on emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of Telco Cloud architectures, Software Defined Networking, telecommunications networks, IP networks, and standards bodies such as ETSI and 3GPP are an asset.
- Must possess creative as well as analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills. Presentation skills are considered an essential asset.
- Effective in partnering with vendors and other departments within SaskTel.
- Diploma or Certificate in Data Analytics, Engineering Technology, with at least six-ten years of relevant Data, Analytics, Telco, Network, or Cloud technology experience
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Math, Physics, Statistics, with at least two-three years of relevant Data, Analytics, Telco, Network, or Cloud technology experience.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of Data and Analytics technology that should include specific knowledge related analytics methods, data science principles, data engineering, data visualization, and data management.
- Must be familiar with SaskTel’s planning, budgeting, and procurement systems.
Job Category: Telecom
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Yorkton, Saskatchewan, CA
Application Deadline: N/A