Website Sault Area Hospital
Reporting to the Manager of Rehabilitation, the successful candidate will provide assessment, program planning, treatment, follow-up and program evaluation to both inpatients and outpatients following standards set by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Provide assessment, program planning, treatment, follow-up and program evaluation to clients in the hospital and community.
- Act independently in prioritizing patient needs to ensure individual patients on caseload receive appropriate intervention in a timely manner.
- Provide education and consultation to client and family, caregivers and other health care professionals in the hospital and community to promote optimal level of occupational performance.
- Provide effective written and verbal communication according to hospital and departmental guidelines.
- Provide supervision and education to occupational therapy students, Co-operative Education students, summer students and students from
- Rehabilitation Assistants Program (Community Colleges).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO).
- In-depth knowledge of techniques for assessing and treating basic cognitive abilities and activities of daily living.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to assist in providing relevant care to clients as well as observing and evaluating treatment effects
- Must maintain current Professional Portfolio and participate in audit process as required by the (COTO).
- Graduate of an accredited university program in occupational therapy that meets academic and clinical requirements for registration with COTO.
- Pass in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists national certification exam.
Company: Sault Area Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A