Website Ryerson University
We are looking for a licensed and experienced Refrigeration/Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic to join our team! This is a full-time permanent position. In this position, you will be responsible for maintaining the mechanical equipment of Ryerson University in an efficient, safe and serviceable operating condition on a continuing basis. This includes coordinating preventive and corrective maintenance, inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing and modifying building mechanical systems, control systems and wide variety of machines and equipment. You will also be committed to providing excellent client service to staff, faculty, students and the Ryerson University community.
- Maintenance of steam traps, strainers, valves, packings, controls, etc, which form part of the boiler plant, cooling plant and HVAC systems.
- Performs all duties of Maintenance Mechanic “B” if required.
- Maintains and troubleshoots all heat pumps, packaged A/C units, and related auxiliary equipment.
- Informs supervisor of all abnormalities, defects, and malfunctioned equipment.
- Follows safe work practices while undertaking duties.
- Undertakes a comprehensive preventative maintenance program and ensures proper maintenance cycles are maintained and reported to the supervisor.
- Assists the Supervisor in training of Maintenance Mechanic “B” personnel.
- Keeps up-to-date with changing technology and techniques pertinent to the trade.
- Installs and relocates machines and equipment.
- Maintains and operates heating and cooling equipment, and all machine tools in the maintenance shop for fabricating and metalworking.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Successful completion of an Ontario license as a Journeyperson Refrigeration/Air Conditioning
- Systems Mechanic 313A, ODP license and Gas Fitter 2 license.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills are required.
- Gas and arc welding; metal machining; light gauge metal fabrication;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related work experience carrying out general maintenance in a complex industrial, commercial or education facility.
- Fitting and setting machine components as well as complete units;
- Reading and interpreting drawings and specifications applying to mechanical trades.
- Ability to use handheld communication devices.
- Fitting and adjusting mechanical seals and packing glands;
- Adjusting, repairing and modifying heating and ventilating systems and their auxiliary equipment. (Auxiliary equipment includes: electrostatic and media filters, fans, pneumatic and electronic controls and motors, ducts, dampers, diffusers, radiators, convectors, reheat coils, gas or oil burners, and combustion controls, centrifugal chiller units, cooling towers, heat pumps, air compressors, vacuum pumps, emergency generators etc.).
- Using standard workshop tools (both hand and electric).
- Qualified CUPE 233 employees will be considered before members of other employee groups
- A review of the employee’s official personnel file, job performance and reference checks may be conducted.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated record of dependability/reliability & a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through occupational testing and an interview conducted by a panel of at least three (3) management representatives.
- Applications are accepted online or by email.
- Must be flexible to work shifts, overtime or on call as needed
Company: Ryerson University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vaughan, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A