Website Ryerson University
The Department Assistant provides the student engagement department with a range of administrative and front-line client support including the implementation and maintenance of internal office practices and procedures to facilitate day-to-day operations. Supports administrative operations of the Ted Rogers Students’ Society (TRSS) and its subsidiary student groups, ensuring the TRSS mission and vision are aligned with the needs of the TRSM student body. Responsible for the maintenance of departmental databases, providing general research support and providing financial administration. Assigns straightforward tasks and trains on standard processes and operating procedures.
- Works outside of regular office hours to support student-led events as required.
- Implements and maintains internal office procedures
- Administers and reports on budget and financial activities
- Provides general administrative support
- Provides front-line client service for the department
- Provides other related duties as required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma program in office administration, business administration or a related field.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and meet competing deadlines.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and Google Workspace.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role within an office environment including experience monitoring, tracking and processing financial activities; using database applications; organizing events involving external partners; word processing; report preparation; office procedures/practices; scheduling and event coordination.
- Basic accounting and bookkeeping skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
Company: Ryerson University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oshawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A