Website Ryerson University
We are currently seeking a well organized Events and Services Coordinator to coordinate the planning, implementation, and logistical support for all functions, services and amenity offerings, special events and programs hosted at the DMZ, while providing high-level customer service to all internal and external stakeholders. You will also provide service support in all day-to-day operations of the DMZ.
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma program in Hospitality and Tourism, Event Management, Communications, Marketing and Public Relations or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience coordinating small, medium and large events, preferably in the education, corporate, not-for-profit or public sectors, where there is inter-departmental systems and relationships. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Familiarity with visual building inspection and facilities maintenance.
Ability to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to organize, manage time effectively and multitask.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to client service specifically for entrepreneurs, students, staff, faculty and external clients.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as experience using social media platforms to promote DMZ initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, to ensure efficient and effective support for entrepreneurs and other members of the DMZ and Ryerson communities.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills required to maintain budgets, coordinate pre-event planning, oversee event logistics, complete post event activities and to prioritize various assigned tasks to meet established deadlines.
Company: Ryerson University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A