Website Rogers Communications
Come play a key role in driving the future of business innovation in Canada. We are looking for team members with a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and supporting businesses in the communities where we live and work.
- Perform a technical analysis of client networks related to support, audits, and proactive maintenance.
- Participate in pre-sales efforts with sales team related to new network opportunities. This includes pre-sales meetings, sales engineering efforts and building technical documents.
- Provide expert-level support related to core network technology within our service provider-client networks, including switching and routing technology. This includes support of MPLS (L2VPN,
- VPLS, MEF, etc.), layer 2 and layer 3 protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, multicast routing, etc.
- Availability to respond to internal escalations after-hours when required.
- Participate as a member of our team responding to customer support requirements during regular business hours between 9AM–5PM Eastern Monday – Friday.
- Provide support related to access technology deployments within client networks, including Metro
- Ethernet, Firewalls, and wireless access points.
- Execute scheduled maintenance activities on customer core networks with the understanding that this work is typically performed during early morning time slots.
- Promote a positive attitude and present a professional and expert level of support for clients.
- Provide Tier 3 support to our ISP clients and diagnose and resolve service impacting issues, with the understanding that at times this work may be required after regular business hours.
- Knowledge of RPKI, IPv6, NAT64, and DDoS-mitigation concepts a plus.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 3 years minimum job experience in ISP network environment.
- Experience with Python and other Network Automation concepts a plus.
- Juniper certifications in Service Provider Routing and Switch track
- Advanced level knowledge in network design.
- Knowledge of IRR and ARIN administration a plus.
- Advanced level knowledge of MPLS, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, Multicast, IPv6, and other related layer 2 and layer 3 network protocols.
- Expert level knowledge in network support and troubleshooting.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Advanced level knowledge of Juniper and Cisco operating systems including Junos, IOS-XR, IOS-
- XE, NX-OS, etc.
- Experience with Linux
- Cisco certifications in Service Provider track
Company: Rogers Communications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A