Website Rio Tinto
This is a great opportunity for a safety-oriented and enthusiastic individual to advance their troubleshooting and diagnostic skills on our diverse fleet.
- Keep work areas clean and free of safety hazards on a continuous basis. Adhere to safety and environmental rules.
- Contribute to safety and efficiency by constructively participating in safety meetings and incident investigations.
- Provide sufficient detail about repairs so that others can understand what work has been done on the equipment.
- Prepare written and electronic reports for leaders as requested.
- Perform heavy equipment repairs within planned time frames and without compromising the integrity of the equipment.
- Working safely in accordance with Rio Tinto safety standards – actively engaging in safety initiatives promoting our “Zero harm” safety culture.
- Help develop Heavy-Duty Mechanic apprentices.
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team;
- A minimum of a valid Class 5 Provincial driver’s license;
- Journeyperson Heavy-Duty Mechanic (HDET) trade qualification preferred; Apprentices will also be considered
- High school graduation or equivalent;
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Two to three years of relevant experience; including experience working in an industrial setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A commitment to Rio Tinto core values, including Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, and Excellence
Company: Rio Tinto
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A