The Lead Developer will be a key player in Rexall’s innovative Digital Team. You will report to the Director of Digital Product Management and lead a team of Web Developers. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of enterprise and customer facing websites/applications as they relate to Pharmacy and Retail initiatives. You will work with other developers (including third-party vendors), Business Analysts, UI/UX Designers, QA specialists and other key IT functions to create attractive, high-performance web applications for various audiences.
- Leading Rexall’s development team while maintaining existing digital properties and the creation of new web applications for both internal and external users.
- Works closely with the Product Owner, Business Analysts, UI/UX Designers and Solutions Architects to thoroughly understand business, system, and user requirements.
- Facilitating daily stand-up calls with the development team to align on daily and weekly priorities.
- Ensures all websites/applications go through vulnerability/penetration code scans while working closely with Rexall’s IT Security teams.
- Mentoring the development team as required and frequently completing code reviews.
- Designs, creates, develops, deploys, tests, maintains, updates, and supports custom solutions which involves website architecture, dynamic programming, database development, server configuration, service and application administration, and application integration.
- Willing to work after-hours to assist with website/application deployments and remedy impacted applications.
- Innovating and optimizing existing software development processes, decisions, and tools.
- Regularly provides reporting or data feeds to stakeholders or third-party vendors.
- Creates websites and applications with security, performance, efficiency, accessibility, SEO and analytics in mind.
- Develop web applications based on user stories, process flows and other development/design artifacts.
- Ensures all websites/applications are kept current with the latest software versions, upgrades and patches.
- 5 years of experience creating and consuming REST/SOAP services in different formats (e.g. XML, JSON).
- Experience with IIS, Apache, Red Hat.
- Certifications in AWS, Azure, SharePoint
- University degree or College Diploma in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.
- 5 years of experience of PHP experience.
- Strong knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle (SDLC), methodologies, processes, standards and best practices for Web and Mobile development.
- Experience developing applications that meet accessibility guidelines
- Liferay Enterprise Portal Solutions and developing custom portlets experience.
- Excellent problem solving, organization and time management skills.
- ReactJS and Angular experience
- 3 years of experience using database technologies such as MSSQL Server and MySQL.
- Experience with AWS and Azure cloud platforms.
- 5 years of experience with Microsoft .NET MVC/C# experience, emphasis on WCF, ASP.NET, LightSwitch,
- Containerization, and Console applications.
- 3 years of experience Java/JSP experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Ecommerce platforms such as Adobe Commerce (Magento) and Shopify.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A