Website Royal Bank of Canada
As Director / Associate Director, Commercial Financial Services (CFS) Finance, you are part of a team of client-facing credit professionals aligned to our large commercial client segment within CFS, defined as commercial clients with annual sales revenue between $25MM and $100MM. You play a key role in realizing our business growth objectives through the structuring, delivery and management of credit for a portfolio of large commercial clients. You will lead the end-to-end credit relationship for a defined portfolio of clients with a focus on loan origination and ongoing portfolio quality oversight. You contribute to an exceptional client experience by providing superior business, financial and credit advice directly to clients.
- Maintain portfolio quality oversight through proactive portfolio management, including annual credit renewals, covenant monitoring and control
- Collaborate with client relationship managers to structure, deliver, close, and monitor loan transactions, including credit submissions to Group Risk Management (GRM) and transaction presentations to clients
- Collaborate with client relationship managers in the preparation and presentation of credit pitches that clearly articulate advantages and benefits of proposed credit solutions to existing and potential clients Demonstrate RBC’s capability to provide customized and creative credit solutions in a timely manner and deliver credit solutions that meet or exceed our client’s needs
- Exercise due diligence in recommending credit applications, working in collaboration with Risk Management, especially in supporting risk processes and guidelines in order to find the appropriate mix of credit risk and structural mitigants.
- Actively develop, strengthen and deepen client relationships and engage with key RBC partners including Group Risk Management, Private Banking, Corporate Client Group (including the ABL, MMLF and Mezz teams), National Specialized Solutions (e.g. Leasing, Trade Finance), Personal Banking, and others
- Manage all aspects of the credit approval process including ComCom and GRM, developing strong working relationships with National Office personnel and risk managers.
- MBA, CA, CMA, CGA, CPA or CFA
- Minimum three years’ experience in commercial lending at a major financial institution
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, or Finance with strong quantitative, financial modeling, and analytical skills, as well as an ability to analyze company financial statements Strong skills with Microsoft Office, as well as experience with emerging resources, communications and technology (e.g. online data resources, web-based meetings, social media, digital banking, and mobile applications)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to perform well under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks and projects, while meeting time-sensitive deadlines
- Work experience in corporate lending / corporate finance
- Trained in credit and accounting with an ability to manage complex concepts
- Professional verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail in both written work and financial analysis
- Proven track record in financial and credit analysis in support of exceptional client relationship management
Company: Royal Bank of Canada
Job Category: Banking
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kelowna, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A