Website Queens University
The Information Technology Services department is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to strengthen the Teaching & Learning and Personal Empowerment portfolio through enabling information and technology services. The position falls within the Service Development Directorate and will typically involve working with educational technologies, collaboration tools, and research tools.
- Debugs, conducts configuration change analysis and functional tests.
- Provides direction, guidance and assistance to internal and external service providers, business clients and external service consumer organizations in a variety of subject areas.
- Applies principles of project management to ensure allocation of resources and follow up to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Supports system conversions, upgrades, enhancements.
- Provides analytical, technical, and educational support for a variety of computer systems, hardware and software.
- Other duties as required in support of the department and/or unit.
- Completes detailed system specifications for workflow, scripts, reports, interfaces, conversions, modifications, customizations or extensions.
- More than 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of concepts and principles in a specialist field that is typically acquired through a combination of advanced professional or academic qualifications and/or significant work experience.
- Experience in cloud computing environment considered an asset (e.g., Platform-as-a-service (PAAS), Infrastructure-as-a-service (IAAS), Software-as-a-service (SAAS), etc.).
- Four-Year Bachelor Degree or equivalent. In addition, requires trade certification, qualification, or on-going learning to remain ahead of changes in technology or emerging fields.
- Provide expert advice, guidance and consultation on highly complex issues and/or where the outcome may be contentious.
- Interaction with others requires highly developed interpersonal skills to effectively persuade, negotiate, counsel, and/or consult.
Company: Queen’s University
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A