Website Queens University
Participates in the planning, implementation, development, and support of new library specific applications and DTS projects. Coordinates with ITServices to integrate into the campus IT environment as required. Provides training and documentation for other members of the systems and web administration team and others in the library as required. Provides user support, troubleshooting, and data analytics related to Library systems. Works independently to a high degree, consulting with others as needed
- The incumbent has a primary role in the implementation, installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrading, and coordination with the vendor of software utilities and applications associated with the Library’s systems, including the Library Services Platform (LSP) (e.g., Alma/Primo VE) and other library specific applications.
- Works with DTS and other system managers to implement new features, updates, and data migrations in consultation with the Web Development Team Lead and Head, DTS.
- Provides leadership and coordination for the administration of the LSP, maintaining and monitoring automated scripts for data import and export, coordinating the use of the LSP analytics to create scheduled and ad hoc reports, building and maintaining integrations between the LSP and other software systems both within and outside of the Library.
- Diagnoses, researches, solves and documents problems with the LSP and other library specific applications and databases, escalating issues within Discovery & Technology Services and to vendor support for resolution as necessary.
- This role has a responsibility to coordinate the LSP with consortial partners, working directly with related positions at other institutions, in addition to liaising directly with OCUL, with appropriate consultation.
Company: Queen’s University
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A