Purolator International needs an effective problem solver to support our main induction center in Canada. Working in an operations / warehouse environment this position will collect data; perform transportation, distribution, maintenance, statistical and mapping analysis. This position will design customized solutions and work with an operations team to develop and implement processes and procedures supporting Purolator International’s growing requirements.
- Improve the capabilities of operation planning processes through development of productivity standards; enhance current business processes and maintain best practices
- Provide operational support, assist in operational layouts and design, standards development, process optimization and statistical analysis used for the development of trending and forecast information
- Develop, improve and own logistics standard metrics; work with Finance and Senior Leadership to hold Logistics team accountable to targets for standard metrics
- Supporting the implementation and design of IT related business solutions, using methods and/or tools to create models, tools or processes that will be used by Analysts and Operations people daily.
- Identify and drive the implementation of short to medium term initiatives to improve quality of service, productivity, cost, and working environment, (Safety)
- Works effectively as a team member accomplishing assigned goals
- Work with Operations, Transportation, and IT to implement tools, re-design processes and Layouts, to improve productivity, minimize total cost and maximize service levels
- Using project management skills to develop action plans to develop, manage, and implement projects providing realistic and accurate timeline, resource requirements, to achieve our goals
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in an Engineering, Logistics position Bachelor of Science in Engineering (industrial preferred) Strong competency with spreadsheets, word processing, & database software Proficiency with MapInfo, AutoCAD and computer based simulation software would be an asset Strong working knowledge of WMS is an asset Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization Able to effectively implement change and enhance a team-based culture within a unionized environment Self-reliant and able to adapt to changes Proficient knowledge in Freight and cross dock Proficient knowledge of Import/Export operations
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Autonomous & able to work in a changing environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A