Website Prairie Mountain Health
The incumbent will be responsible to maintain and care for the grounds, buildings and equipment of the facilities, keeping them in a safe proper condition and will be assigned to assist trades as required. The incumbent will also perform preventative maintenance on buildings and equipment as required by quality assurance programs. A safe environment will be maintained by ensuring surfaces are in good repair and by using products that ensure infection control and environmental regulations are adhered to.
- Performs duties of plumbing, carpentry, painting, refrigeration, ventilation, air conditioning, roofing and other hospital equipment maintenance as personal knowledge and skill permits.
- Maintains the buildings and grounds in a good, safe condition and appearance.
- Performs routine repair maintenance, installation and renovation functions independently, as assigned, on certain types of site buildings, equipment furnishings, building service equipment, and assists other more qualified maintenance personnel and tradesman with lesser skilled aspects of a trade
- Ensures driveways, parking areas and building exits are clear of snow, ice and other debris at all times.
- Carries out a preventative maintenance program on all mechanical and electrical equipment as assigned, records daily on preventative maintenance log
- Participate in the on-call rotation as required by the Regional Manager, Maintenance.
- Maintains a log for all repairs to major pieces of equipment
- Responds to all emergency calls such as fire alarms, etc. as required
- Perform ground keeping duties necessary to keep facility grounds in an attractive appearance
- Cleans and maintains on a daily basis all maintenance areas, workshops, mechanical rooms
- Maintains all machinery, equipment and furnishings in proper working order.
- Other duties as assigned
- Participates in new construction and commissioning as required
- Receives and stores deliveries of goods
- Successful completion of a minimum of one year of apprenticeship in a building trade preferred (e.g. Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, Painting, etc.)
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Grade 12 education (MB Standards)
- Two years experience in a building trade (e.g. Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, Painting, etc.)
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence of skills and concepts related to the position
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and within interdisciplinary team
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
- Other combinations of suitable education and experience may be considered
- One (1) year experience as a maintenance person preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
- Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence, or equivalent from province of residence, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures in a changing environment
Company: Prairie Mountain Health
Job Category: Health Care
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Killarney, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A