The Global Quality and Support Ops team, which is part of Analytics and Data within the Chief Digital Office is responsible for the Operation, Maintenance, and Enhancement of all data and analytics tools and platforms across the enterprise – from scientific/clinical to commercial and for all Pfizer countries.
- Ensure alignment across the Digital and Technology organization and service providers – effectively utilizing the Digital and Technology organization
- Collaborate with platform and infrastructure support teams to ensure Data Ecosystem health: capacity, stability, performance, availability
- Effectively lead and facilitate meetings with clients, vendors, and stakeholders, and conduct productive technology project team status/review meetings
- Prepares and delivers operational status updates and communicates relevant Digital and Technology related information to key stakeholders.
- Design and deploy processes and analytics to improve team’s operational efficiency and streamline the technical landscape.
Budget / Financial management
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and engage others to define an appropriate approach and deliver results.
- Owns intake and certification of technologies approved for lower cost DevOps support
- Design support model for the leading-edge technologies being leveraged across A&D engineering towers
- Continuous outreach/sensing of the products in development within A&D
- Participates in architecture governance, and influences tool selection with insight into scalability and supportability
- Accountable for Service Operations and Delivery for Global WRD Data Warehousing / Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Solutions & Services within the Analytics and Data function, worldwide
- Partner with Solution Delivery and Solution Engineering leads to define and implement supportability requirements and manage the transition of products/solutions into long-term support.
- Manages and sets stakeholder expectations and operates as the main point of contact on all Digital and Technology related matters for area of responsibility.
- Manage escalations from the managed service provider for the Regional Portfolio including communications with team and business partners/customers.
- Drive Application rationalization and modernization to reduce local applications to the absolute minimum. Identify opportunities to decommission applications or move to Regional /Global solutions.
- Keep track of any and all activities such as system health, behaviors, cost efficiencies, speed, and any other useful data that will allow the identification of potential issues before they disrupt operations
- Highly organized with a demonstrated aptitude for strategic thinking, branding, and product / services positioning.
- Experience of continuous integration / continuous delivery and deployment tools (Github Actions, Jenkins) and experience working with other DevOps tools like JIRA, Confluence, Github.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, Electronics, Electrical, Engineering or a related field required. MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of service management experience, leading support and project teams within technology functions
- Substantive understanding of multiple hardware and software platforms for web / business application technologies (AWS, Windows / Linux OS, SQL Server / Oracle / Snowflake DBMS, Java / .NET)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; adept at presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Experience developing clear communications on complex topics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Project (Solution Delivery) Management
- Substantive understanding of business intelligence reporting tools such as MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, Qlikview, and SQL
- Knowledge of common enterprise systems
- Software Development Lifecycle management, including production system maintenance and operations; preferably in a biopharmaceutical environment
- Supplier/Vendor Management
- Portfolio Management
- Experience leading in a global environment, and effectively influencing stakeholders within various region and cultures globally.
- Deep understanding BI technology and delivery methodologies
- ITIL foundation
- Working and influencing in a complex matrix organization
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A