We have an exciting opening for a Clinical Pharmacology Lead. Pfizer is a leader in model-based drug development and you will be an integral member of the Pfizer Clinical Pharmacology team, supporting late stage programs in the Internal Medicine therapy area. The successful candidate will have strong quantitative pharmacology skills with hands-on experience in the implementation of common software tools (e.g., NONMEM, R) for PK and PK/PD analyses. Self-motivation, strong scientific reasoning and communication (both verbal and writing) skills, and the ability to function effectively in a team environment are highly desirable.
- Responsible for providing the clinical pharmacology components of protocols, clinical development plans and regulatory documents.
- Accountable for non-compartmental analysis of PK data and accountable for ensuring appropriate PK-PD analysis including population PK, PK-PD modeling and simulation, meta-analysis, etc.
- Work closely with clinicians, statisticians, and clinical operations colleagues to design, conduct and report results of Clinical Pharmacology trials.
- Able to interpret PK and PK/PD data and integrate this knowledge into the clinical trials and the overall clinical program.
- Influences environment outside of Pfizer through methods such as publications and presentations.
- Act as Clinical Pharmacology representative providing clinical pharmacology expertise to a multidisciplinary study team for a late-stage Internal Medicine program(s).
- Participate in implementing model-informed drug development using quantitative approaches to address questions arising during drug development (including dose selection, clinical trial design, special population dosing, benefit/risk assessment).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong quantitative skills and expertise (e.g. experience in population modeling, literature meta-analyses, and clinical trial simulations) with hands-on implementation of tools such as NONMEM, R, SAS, or WinBUGS for data analysis and handling.
- Additional Location Information: Groton, CT, Collegeville, PA, and New York, NY
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- PhD/PharmD with 4+ years OR MS with 7+ years of drug development experience in clinical pharmacology and/or clinical
- PK/PD and/or pharmacometrics
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Markham, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A