Website Government of Prince Edward Island
The position participates in the yearend audit to ensure that both organizations are prepared for any changes to reporting standards under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Also, responsible to assist in the ongoing review of financial operations and identify any areas that require improvement and offer solutions.
- Provide advice and assistance to the CEO and other senior staff of the LCC and CMC pertaining to the financial management of the LCC and CMC revenue and expenditure budget
- Provide advice and support to Directors/Managers regarding governmental, departmental and crown agency financial and administrative policies, legislation and regulations;
- Providing advice and assistance to staff/management in budgetary process and Treasury Board/Executive Council submission processes;
- Provide advice and support to Chief Financial Officer and PEILCC and PEICMC senior management regarding governmental, departmental and crown agency financial and administrative policies, legislation and regulations.
- Provide high quality advice, assistance, and information to the CEO, the Board of Directors, and other divisions pertaining to strategic and operational planning.
- Provide effective leadership and direction to senior leaders of the LCC and CMC on all matters pertaining to financial management including budgeting, forecasting and analysis, audit, contract management, lease management, financial planning and IT management.
- Considerable experience in accounting and providing support to management in a medium to large multi-organization entity
- Professional accounting designation
- Considerable experience with spreadsheet software and experience in word processing
- Considerable experience with accounting software in a medium to large multi-organization entity including exposure to interfaces with other information systems
- Considerable experience with Oracle and/or other accounting business related software
Company: Government of Prince Edward Island
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cornwall, Prince Edward Island, CA
Application Deadline: N/A