Website Peel Regional Police
The Executive Assistant to the Chief of Police is responsible for contributing to the effectiveness of the Chief of Police by providing a broad range of senior office management and administrative services, recognizing and appropriately dealing with confidential information, while representing the values and vision of the Chief and his office.
- Reviews all correspondence for the Chief of Police, identifies time sensitive items impacting operations and initiates necessary action as directed and/or as within the position’s delegated responsibilities.
- Reviews all reports and correspondence prepared for the Chief and performs a quality control function to ensure they meet with the Chiefs expectations; returns those requiring revisions/corrections as necessary and discusses and provides advice and guidance with respect to expectations and standards.
- Manages and prioritizes the Chief’s schedule to meet changing needs and issues as they arise; anticipates issues and proactively initiates appropriate action/prioritization to ensure the most effective use of the Chief’s time, based upon information and requests received.
- Liaises and handles requests for information directed to the Chief from the Police Services Board, outside agencies, etc., and assigns to the appropriate member within the police service for response; follows up and ensures that responses are submitted to the Chief on time.
- The Executive Assistant to the Chief requires a Post-Secondary degree/diploma in public administration, political science, business administration or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years office experience in senior level administrative function Demonstrated advanced knowledge of related computer applications pertinent to the function, e.g. MS Office Demonstrated knowledge of the organizational structure, directives, goals, strategic plans and operational direction
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, adjust priorities and work in a fast paced and demanding environment Business and political acumen, encompassing the ability to apply a broader corporate perspective High degree of initiative, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Company: Peel Regional Police
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milton, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A