Website Peel Regional Police
As a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst within our Analytics Bureau, you will collect, analyze and interpret police data to provide real-time, data-driven solutions for business insights, and support data-driven decision-making within t he organization through descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Operate database software to design, govern and maintain internal specialized analytical databases for internal organizational use.
- Produce technical and business documentation, guided by statistical understanding, business context and data governance.
- Liaise with stakeholders to standardize the delivery, validity and security of dashboards, and with end users to ensure data visualizations are contextually valid and provide the correct insight; handle troubleshooting/questions on Analytics data deliverables, data collection and data analysis on initiatives/projects.
- Apply data mining methods and techniques to large organizational data to discover anomalies, patterns, trends and correlations to predict outcomes.
- Recommend improvements to streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, usability and value.
- Develop and design data visualizations, dynamic dashboards, statistical data models, algorithms, data mining, queries, and reports, and handle data requests from FOI, public, internal departments and Chief’s
- Management Group (CMG) to provide and interpret data, assess data quality and implement strategies for data governance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network software.
- Knowledge of law enforcement, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of designing and developing dashboards and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Knowledge of Niche and CAD databases, preferred.
- Knowledge of database administration, languages and platforms (including cloud), preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of related computer applications pertinent to the function.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in data warehousing, data model design and SQL Server Database administration.
- Demonstrated oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Company: Peel Regional Police
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A