Work with and lead external advisors to conduct due diligence on investment opportunities which will include projects in the development and construction stage or platforms to pursue development projects;
- Handle the development of sophisticated financial models to analyze investment opportunities;
- Review and analyze board materials, business plans and other information prepared by management of our portfolio companies;
- Work alongside portfolio company management and board of directors in shaping and executing corporate strategy, oversight and delivery of capital projects, assessing development projects and bolt-on acquisitions;
- Lead the preparation of presentations, reports and investment recommendations to senior executives.
- Prepare internal valuations of portfolio companies.
- Oversee valuation analysis including identifying key value drivers and financial risks, and
- Direct the development and maintenance of financial models for our existing investments, and
- Past work experience directly related to renewable energy, greenfield development or capital project delivery is considered an asset. This team will be looking at greenfield projects across all sectors in infrastructure in addition to all renewable opportunities. International experience is beneficial.
- Experience working with developers or development projects is beneficial but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and presentation skills and proficiency in written and verbal English
- Bachelor Degree required. Master/MBA preferred. CFA designation a plus.
- Knowledge of electricity, renewable energy, and the energy transition is preferred
- Additional languages are beneficial but not required
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills to perform in-depth, innovative, critical analysis
- 5 + years of work experience, preferably in principal investing, investment banking, project finance or corporate development
- A willingness and ability to travel frequently
- Proven history of working collaboratively as part of a team to meet tight timelines within a project-based work environment
- Experience leading material aspects of the investment process, including financial modelling, conducting due diligence and participating in debt financing
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A