As the Lead Software Developer, you will provide technical solutions to help Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan to meet its business objectives. You will contribute advanced business and technical knowledge to complex and interesting projects. You’ll have the opportunity to work remotely and come into the office on occasion for team collaboration moments. Our Flexible Travel Program gives you the option to work abroad for a month in another region / country. The choice is yours!
- Maintain currency in technological trends and directions through research and education including participating and/or leading technology R&D projects.
- Complete quality, well crafted and architected systems that make use of technology and architecture with minimal direction.
- Evolve our technical environment and practices.
- Provide leadership to assigned projects.
- Mentor staff on new features and functions.
- Provide leadership in project planning of tasks, testing and rollout.
- Proven 6 years of experience using current software development techniques.
- Extensive experience working collaboratively in an agile process environment.
- Ability to provide technical and leadership to staff.
- Ability to work well in an agile project team.
- Strong experience and knowledge of analysis, design, and development.
- Excellent resourcefulness, creativity, consulting and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact optimally with technical specialists, as well as users who are non-technical experts.
- Proven track record to serve as resource for an area of sophisticated specialization within the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and sophisticated problem-solving skills.
- High degree of expertise and practical knowledge of programming and automated testing techniques.
- Significant experience working with cloud-deployed enterprise applications, including design, technical maintenance and upgrades.
- You have a Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent education.
- Strong understanding of Spring, Spring Boot and microservices.
- Strong understanding of Java, Web Services, Application Servers, databases.
- Strong understanding of Agile Development.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines and be highly productive.
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A