Reporting to the Principal, Total Fund Risk, Insights & Analytics, you will primarily collaborate with a team of risk managers within the Risk Division, support the design and development of new applications for our investment team clients. You will also have opportunities to collaborate with our functional partners in Finance and Enterprise Operations Division under manager’s mentorship.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams and departments to implement improvements to Total Fund analytical platform, which requires crafting and constructing prototype models, and guiding the function partners to implement the improvement in production environment
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in technology, and support all functions within Risk with applicable technologies to enhance efficiency and improve productivity
- Other work using technology that comes along as the role evolves
- Contribute to the development of new portfolio analytic dashboard for Capital Markets Execution team, Portfolio Strategy team and Treasury team
- Prepare and deliver timely Board and Total Fund reporting materials
- This position is encouraged to make recommendations on implementation details related to technology and data
- The position is encouraged to make recommendations on approaches and designs, and chip in to mangers’ decision making
- Support the what-if risk analysis requests from our business partners
- Maintain and expand Risk teams’ use of business intelligence tools like Power BI to solve business problems
- No people management accountability
- Support benchmark and modelling designs in our enterprise risk system, and help managers to verify results
- No budgetary management accountability
- Experience with funding liquidity risk a strong plus
- Extensive experience with Python a strong plus
- Strong programming skills in C#/Java a strong plus
- Candidates with less experience will be considered an Analyst
- Collaborate with Analysts/Associates from other teams on cross functional projects
- Quantitative financial knowledge, such as derivative pricing, VaR, ETL, Greeks, etc., is required.
- A minor in Finance/Economics or a CFA/FRM designation would be an asset.
- Expert knowledge and experience with SQL, Oracle, Power Query and other data workflows.
- 3+ years of experience in services/solutions development and delivery related to investment management or risk management.
- Experience in programming or software development in financial industry a strong plus
- Experience with Enterprise risk system a strong plus
- Proficiency in working with large datasets and visualizations using business intelligence tools like Power BI.
- Previous buyside risk management or Total Fund portfolio analysis experience a strong plus
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and work in a high-performing culture, under pressure and with time critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with high level mentorship from manager
- Masters’ degree in Computer Science /Mathematics /Statistics /Quantitative Finance or another quantitative field preferred.
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A