This role is the senior point of contact between IT Testing and all IT line-of-business leaders. The Director, Test Management’s role is to develop, establish, and enforce testing governance, standards and measures for information technology projects. While the role is as an individual contributor, responsibilities include working closely with the Business Analysis Center of Excellence, Project Management Office, Testing Center of Excellence (offshore) and internal application development teams. The Director, Test Management will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
- Managing all indirect members of the testing team (onshore and offshore), and ensuring that aggressive deadlines are met.
- Directing governance of analysis of formal test results to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Ensuring communication of test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and executive management.
- Championing test management and share/educate best practices.
- Training, coaching, and mentoring testing staff and other junior staff members.
- Creating testing gates and acceptance criteria for all phases of testing (i.e. QAT, UAT, E2E).
- 15 + years proven abilities related to project execution with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced working environment.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- 15 + years of demonstrated success in establishing IT test management governance for large-size, complex IT organizations
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, business administration, or other related fields. Master’s degree in either of these fields preferred.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle as well as expertise in testing processes and methodologies
- Experience working in a complex, matrix, fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage and conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis on complex data.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A