The OpenText Analytics Magellan Platform product development team is seeking a talented Software Developer join the team. You will utilize knowledge and experience to perform design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. You will also play a key role in the development of work teams by providing others with direction and leadership.
- Taking ownership of features and code bases, working under pressure, and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Utilizing analytical skills to develop new features, as well as, enhancing existing features, and frameworks, and troubleshooting problems.
- Suggesting enhancements and providing input on products and features developed by the team.
- Understanding and learning unfamiliar technologies and frameworks, concepts and design patterns and integrating them quickly while working in a fast paced, team-driven agile development environment
- Participating in software design/code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to company standards
- Designing and implementing highly scalable and complex solutions
- Defining best practices and standards for database design
- Skilled in algorithm design and analysis, data structures and design patterns.
- Strong Java programming skills
- Experience/knowledge of Soap API and/or Restful API are required
- Knowledge/experience with Hadoop, Hive, MongoDB
- MSCS or BSCS plus several years of relevant commercial product development experience
- Exposure or knowledge of server process model, memory management, and job processing
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A