The Principal Network Architect, reporting to the Director, Data Center and Network Services, will work with cross-functional organizations to define and maintain strategic direction tied to the overall business and technology strategy. They will work closely with Network Engineering and IT organizations to provide guidance on direction and ensure strategic direction is in line with current technology and business requirements. The selected candidate will attend industry events to influence the industry based on OpenText strategic direction and to stay up to date on future networking technology, concepts and practices. This position will also provide subject matter expertise and work closely with all teams globally in defining requirements, architecture and assist with complex problem analysis.
- Presents technology or infrastructure-based papers to major conferences and publishes papers in professional journals and publications.
- Perform analytical, technical, and financial analysis in the planning, design, installation of enterprise network solutions.
- Design, implement and tune TCP/IP networking stack across various operating systems
- Evaluate and provide recommendations of overall network requirements for performance, availability, utilization and reliability
- Ensures that all architectural artifacts and deliverables are developed to the highest quality standards; provides architectural review and approval for major solutions.
- Defines strategy for leading-edge, business-critical solutions for major, enterprise-wide solutions.
- Potential candidates must possess a range of the following skills:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Create network automated deployments with a robust suite of unit-tests to ensure each push is self-tested before and after the roll-out.
- Build network configurations as code in a reproducible, idempotent manner.
- Cisco CCNP/CCIE active certification
- Minimum 10-years’ experience leading complex project network builds with proven ability to define and communicate strategic direction
- B.S. degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or equivalent experience
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A