Website Ontario Public Service
The Transportation and Infrastructure Unit works in cooperation with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation and delivers a variety of programs directed towards the provision of capital infrastructure.
- Plan, manage and provide strategic direction, leadership, and coordination of the unit’s activities in including the management of multi-million dollar operational and capital program budgets.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Ministry of Transportation and other partner ministries, government agencies, and private and public sector partners and stakeholders.
- Manage high-profile issues and provide advice, recommendations, and information to senior executives regarding the branch transportation and infrastructure programs.
- Lead and manage a team of professionals in the development, delivery and evaluation of high-profile transportation and infrastructure programs such as the Northern Highways Program, Winter Roads Program, All Seasons Roads Program, and the Ontario Junior Exploration Assistance Program.
- Identify, provide analysis, and develop strategies on complex and specialized transportation and infrastructure issues consistent with the government/ministry’s priorities.
- You have knowledge of program management processes and can analyze funding requests for proposed programs and projects throughout Northern Ontario.
- You have demonstrated experience managing transfer payment agreements and funding allocations.
- You have knowledge of policy/program development, implementation and evaluation frameworks, and a thorough understanding of government decision-making/approval processes.
- You can set priorities for programs, and wok with municipalities and the Ministry of Transportation to implement and administer programs.
Company: Ontario Public Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Barrie, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A