Website Ontario Public Service
As a Superintendent at Maplehurst Correctional Centre, you will champion a divisional vision and have the opportunity to showcase your strategic mindset, human resources skills and expert corrections knowledge, while providing leadership and oversight of the operation and administration of the institution. You will make a vital contribution to the community and to public safety and security through the oversight of care, custody, control and rehabilitation of inmates.
- You will develop and manage business plan and priorities to ensure operations and programs are aligned with the ministry’s priorities
- You will empower your team of management and staff to learn, grow and develop to their full potential, fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion, equity and excellence.
- You will provide strategic leadership and direction in the overall operation and delivery of programs and services of the facility.
- You will administer the facility’s financial and material resources, and manage complex service level agreements and vendor contracts.
- You will bring your corrections knowledge, leadership and influencing skills to strengthen the capacity within your team and the institution.
- You will build trusting relationships and foster community partnerships with other public sectors, the public, community agencies and advocacy groups, to create mutually beneficial solutions that improve service outcomes.
- You have strong financial planning skills to prepare business plans and manage and control budgets
- You can communicate and champion a compelling vision for the delivery of programs and services that support the security, safety and treatment of offenders
- You have strong knowledge of management principles and theories to build effective teams, hold staff accountable, and provide coaching and mentoring
- You have demonstrated experience in managing the resolution of contentious and/or challenging operational, management and labour relations issues
- You can build organizational capacity through effective human resources development, including recruitment activities, talent management, organizational design and succession planning
Company: Ontario Public Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A