Website Ontario Public Service
The Transportation and Infrastructure Unit delivers programs designed to address Northern needs and circumstances; evaluates existing and proposed initiatives, e.g., transportation needs; communicates unique northern needs to other ministries; and identifies and addresses emerging northern issues.
- Identify, provide analysis, and develop strategies on complex and specialized transportation and infrastructure issues consistent with the government/ministry’s priorities.
- Manage high-profile issues and provide advice, recommendations, and information to senior executives regarding the branch transportation and infrastructure programs.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Ministry of Transportation and other partner ministries, government agencies, and private and public sector partners and stakeholders.
- Plan, manage and provide strategic direction, leadership, and coordination of the unit’s activities in including the management of multi-million dollar operational and capital program budgets.
- Lead and manage a team of professionals in the development, delivery and evaluation of high-profile transportation and infrastructure programs such as the Northern Highways Program, Winter Roads Program, All Seasons Roads Program, and the Ontario Junior Exploration Assistance Program.
- You can foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment with employees, colleagues, and stakeholders.
- You have knowledge of and ability to apply financial management and budgetary policies and practices to administer operational and capital program budgets.
- You have demonstrated leadership skills to guide, develop and direct highly trained professional staff engaged in leading program activities.
Company: Ontario Public Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sudbury, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A