Website Ontario Public Service
As the Director, you will lead the new Indigenous Equity Branch within the Centre for People, Culture, and Talent. The team will work in collaboration with partners, including the Nation to Nation:
- Provide advice and expertise to ministries on dismantling systemic anti-Indigenous racism in corporate policies, practices, and employee programs..
- Lead a team in the development and delivery of a strategy for the OPS to address anti-Indigenous racism in the workplace, from engagement to implementation.
- Develop and lead relationship-building approaches that result in meaningful relationships and ongoing engagement with Indigenous partners and communities within the OPS.
- Work with the human resources community and with ministry partners in developing and implementing corporate policies and programs promoting equity and rights for Indigenous employees.
- You are a skilled communicator and can provide insights and strategic advice to senior executives on policy and program initiatives and priorities within a sensitive environment.
- You demonstrate political acuity and judgment skills to anticipate and manage contentious issues, and to identify mitigation strategies
- You have proven experience building trusted relationships with Indigenous partners and communities, using a collaborative approach to advance common goals.
Company: Ontario Public Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oshawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A