Website Ontario Public Service
The Communications Branch works with its partners in the Assistant Deputy Ministers’ offices, DMO, MO and CO to help the ministry communicate its education programs and services to Ontarians. It does this by working to make ministry communications clear, simple and easy for everyone to understand.
- Oversee the management of external resources and vendors and approves photographs and illustrations, graphic designers’ layouts, and all ready-for-press materials.
- Develop procedures and standards for the delivery of production services and ensure a high-quality end-product.
- Manage corporate production activities and work with strategic communications units and policy and program branches to find modern production solutions for the ministries’ needs.
- Manage unit budget, deadlines, and draft business cases or proposals authorizing the procurement and payment of editorial and graphic arts services on behalf of all client branches.
- Lead a team of production coordinators involved in determining production solutions, analysis and publishing projects, including hiring, training and managing performance in a unionized environment.
- Advise on breaking technologies and emerging tools for communications with stakeholders, members of the public and members of the media.
- You have experience applying editorial principles and publishing standards to provide sound technical advice and guidance to staff, ministry clients and external stakeholders.
- You have knowledge of communications, production solutions, web publishing systems, online networks (Internet, Intranet and extranets), and the use of digital media to communicate with various audiences.
- You have experience providing strategic advice to clients and senior officials to plan and produce modern electronic, print and other materials.
Company: Ontario Public Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A