Website Ontario Ministry of Health
This exciting opportunity will allow you to guide each step of the donation process including donor identification through referral indicators, donor suitability assessment, death determination, approach and consent with families, to the medical donor management optimizing organ yield for recipient transplantation.
- Supports the health care team by requesting resources for tests or procedures required to determine medical suitability as requested by the transplant team
- Works a variety of shifts, including on-call shifts with travel within London and the surrounding area
- Establishes collaborative approach plans with health care providers (HCP) to enable every potential donor’s family the opportunity to donate lifesaving organs and tissues for transplantation
- Identifies issues for follow-up and quality control and adherence to Health Canada directives, ensuring the safety of the organ and tissue supply
- Negotiates OR resources to support the donor organ recovery surgery
- Facilitates ongoing communication with the health care team as required and provides regular updates on the donation process as desired by the donor family
- Recovers past medical history from multiple sources, Health Records, Family Doctor, previous admissions to other hospital sites as part of the extensive assessment for exceptional distribution release of organs for transplantation.
- Valid G driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario is required
- Nursing Diploma and/or Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications
- Minimum three (3) years critical care and/or relevant organ and tissue donation experience an asset or a combination of equivalent experience and education.
Company: Ontario Ministry of Health
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A