Website National Research Council Canada
We are looking for a Senior Lead to support the Design and Fabrication Services Branch. The Senior Lead would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
- The position is required to assist the St. John’s Fabrication Supervisor in developing and managing the daily operations of the new Winnipeg fabrication shop which provides machining, welding and assembly services to researchers in the field of advanced manufacturing.
- The Senior Lead functionally supervises a group of 2 or 3 employees by managing the workload and by providing technical advices to the fabrication team and their clients. As the main point of contact for the shop, the Senior Lead interacts with clients to understand their requirements and priorities.
- A significant part of the job is to manage several projects often under tight schedule and to address priority conflicts.
- The Senior Lead is also responsible for all aspect of health and safety related to shop environment as well as the shop improvement by introducing new technologies.
- Extensive experience as a working level technician in one of the disciplines of tool-making or precision machining;
- Significant experience leading technical teams including planning, estimating, scheduling, assigning and monitoring work;
- Basic experience with 3D printing process.
- Preference may be given to candidates possessing a certification of qualification in a precision fabrication trade or in Project Management
- Significant experience managing projects.
- Significant experience working with CAD-CAM software.
- College diploma with approved apprentice training in tool-making, precision machining, general machining or mechanical engineering.
- Significant experience dealing with clients with multiple priorities and meeting strict deadlines.
Company: National Research Council Canada
Job Category: Government Job
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A