Website Niagara College
Reporting to the Director, Planning & Institutional Research, the successful candidate supports government reporting and managerial planning and decision-making by providing data and analytic support, conducting survey research, and becoming proficient in Power BI. The primary aim of this role is to support government reporting requirements and to assist in the generation of data and analyses to assess and predict institutional performance, program effectiveness, and student and graduate success.
- Research services: Support primary and secondary research, particularly survey research
- Government accountability: Support government reporting with data and data analysis
- Dashboard development: Help develop and maintain dynamic dashboards
- Reporting and data analysis: Gather, analyze, and report data
- Delivery of the following four core services:
- Extremely high level of attention to detail, data integrity, and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities, meet deadlines with minimal supervision, follow instructions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience in designing and conducting research and analysis related to social science research, market research, statistics, or a related field.
- A track record in statistical analysis, survey research methods, and relational database management.
- Preferred candidates will have a combination of intermediate MS Office skills (e.g., Excel, PowerPivot) and data visualization skills (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Qlik)
- Four (4) year degree in Social Sciences, Business, Computer Science or similar field of study including courses in data analysis, social science or market research, and database management.
- Must possess a client-service orientation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to simplify complex analytical information for business end-users.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to produce timely, reliable, and accurate analytics, dashboards, and reports.
Company: Niagara College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A