We are seeking an experienced Transportation Specialist to support our Studio Transportation department. Responsibilities include engaging with and navigating regulatory agencies, implementing compliance training programs, identifying gaps and weak points in our workflows to improve efficiency, and oversight of Transportation Compliance Administrators over multiple productions to monitor regulatory compliance. This position will report to the Studio Transportation Manager and work closely with the Transportation Supervisors. The Studio Transportation team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production related transportation for our global original series, films, documentaries and comedy specials.
- Assist the Supervisor in research and application of provincial and national governing regulations and exemptions, and advise the
- Transportation team on any upcoming changes/modifications.
- Assist Transportation Supervisor with random auditing of NSC compliance paperwork.
- Provide insight into Canadian production workflows and how they impact the transportation department and our regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with Transportation Manager on building training programs, writing department workflows, and creating infrastructure for Canadian productions
- Maintain and update transportation manuals and workflow docs.
- Provide general compliance oversight and necessary training to Transportation Administrators, Drivers and Transportation Management to ensure understanding and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Participate in exploring, testing, and piloting new programs and technologies to see how they will affect our industry in an effort to streamline film and television production transportation compliance.
- Monitor production compliance status and work with Transportation Administrators to identify deficiencies and provide additional instruction, insight and support when needed.Set up/maintain/close motor carrier registration numbers (NSC, CVOR, etc.).
- Engage with various Federal, Provincial and Local NSC regulatory agencies.
- Set up accounts with Third Party Administrators (TPAs) to manage required driver qualification and log auditing.
- A curious mind with an emphasis on technology and a passion for innovation.
- Able to manage and secure confidential information, and the discretion to employ appropriate control measures to protect privacy.
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current regulations both domestically and internationally.
- Able to handle a fast paced environment, prioritize tasks and respond to requests accordingly
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in the Entertainment transportation industry and experience in National Safety Code motor carrier regulations.
- Strong project management background
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the application and communication of basic data analysis to identify trends and enhance our understanding of transportation related concerns.
- Physical production experience in Canadian film or television is required.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A