Website National Capital Commission
Reporting to the Chief, Engineering, the Senior Civil Engineer plans, directs and develops plans, studies, designs and specifications documents. The individual provides civil, municipal and environmental engineering advice to internal Commission directorates and external governmental agencies and partners. In collaboration with the Project Manager, the individual is responsible for designing capital projects for the Multi-Year Capital Program (MYCP) and annual major operation program. The Senior Civil Engineer manages and participates in Division / Section meetings and working committees.
- To ensure quality assurance in compliance with quality work standards.
- To negotiate and resolve disputes and participate as a departmental or client representative at legal proceedings.
- To manage and prioritize various tasks.
- To communicate effectively both orally and in writing in both official languages.
- To work in a multidisciplinary team in an environment with overlapping responsibilities between different units.
- To prepare and manage contracts and monitor the work of consultants and contractors.
- Extensive experience providing professional and technical advice in Civil, Municipal or Environmental Engineering.
- A degree from a recognized university in Civil, Municipal or Environmental Engineering.
- Must be eligible and meet all requirements to apply to the other province if not licensed to both provinces by providing written confirmation from the licensing organization that they are eligible for a license transfer.
- Experience developing master plans and design guidelines/briefs.
- Must be licensed or registered as a professional member in Civil Engineering in the Provinces of Ontario and Quebec.
- A minimum of eight (8) years holding progressively significant responsibilities in Civil, Municipal or Environmental Engineering
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing financial and human resources.
- Extensive experience in Storm Water Engineering and Management through planning and design, watershed and sub-watershed hydrologic and hydraulic modelling and analysis, water balance analysis, stream restoration and rehabilitation, floodway analysis including floodline modelling and mapping, and urban drainage planning and design.
- Experience developing concepts and design options for work related to Civil, Municipal or Environmental Engineering.
Company: National Capital Commission
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A