Website National Capital Commission
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer, the Director, Information Technologies (IT) and Geomatics Services and Chief Information Officer (CIO) is accountable for providing leadership in formulating and integrating Information Technologies (IT), Information Management (IM) and Geomatics Services (GS), policies, programs, projects, planning frameworks and processes into management practices to support the National Capital Commission (NCC). Also, the individual plans, develops and implements the IT required by the NCC in support of its business priorities, operations, and plans.
- Developing and implementing long-term IT strategic plans and annual business plans in support of the business objectives of a small to medium size organization
- Managing and understanding various IT fields, such as Web, IT infrastructure, telecommunications, GIS, systems development, Information
- Management and user support services, and IT security
- Managing human and financial resources as well as contracting processes
- Developing and implementing major IT programs and projects to support the organization’s IT strategy in achieving its short and long-term goals
- Developing, negotiating and managing complex, high impact, multi-year service contracts
- Knowledge of current it/im trends in industry and government;
- Experience holding progressively significant responsibilities
- Possess or eligible to obtain secret security clearance
- Knowledge of most current it and business management practices.
- University degree in computer science, information technology (it), business or in a related discipline or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience related to the position.
- Knowledge of it methodologies in various areas of it
- Linguistic profile: bilingual cbc
Company: National Capital Commission
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A