Website National Arts Centre
Reporting to the Director of Production and working under the direction of the Production Department Technical Directors. The Assistant Technical Director is primarily responsible for assisting the Indigenous Technical Director in the planning and co-ordination required to support the realization of productions, festivals and events held on the stages and in the lobbies of the NAC and its partners across the country.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- An ability to work unsupervised while maintaining goals and an attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn new skill sets and working methodology
- Experience in leading and motivating crews is an asset
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English fluency in verbal French and/or an Indigenous language would be considered an asset but not required for consideration for the position.
- Willingness to undertake challenging work that does not conform to regular schedules
- Experience with Indigenous performing arts, including but not limited to theatre, dance, music and/or pow wow; is an asset
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Proof of a valid driver’s licence (equivalent to an Ontario G class permit) and clean driver abstract
- Proficiency in at least one area of production lighting, audio, video or carpentry
- Post-secondary diploma/degree specializing in the production of performing arts and/or three (3) years’ experience in a technical role in the performing arts
- The ability to drive a large cargo van and a 5-ton transport truck (automatic transmission) is an asset
Company: National Arts Centre
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A