Website Memorial University of Newfoundland
As a part of the senior leadership team reporting to the Associate Vice-President – Facilities, the Director, Engineering and Construction will lead the university’s capital construction and renovation projects. This position is integral in ensuring a long-term focus on campus planning that supports teaching, learning, research and public engagement for a modern university.
- This position provides strategic and operational leadership for the planning, design and construction of university capital projects including: Implementation of a multi-year strategic infrastructure plan in consultation with appropriate stakeholders
- Leading and supporting a team of professionals with a strong commitment to their success and development; accountability for the capital project life cycle and adherence to regulatory requirements, including planning and design, selection of consultants, related project budgeting, and oversight of the construction phase
- Guiding the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the changing infrastructure requirements of the university; coordinating, collaborating and resolving issues with consultants and contractors
- Developing reports and determining budgets; identifying funding opportunities and developing proposals and presentations to support infrastructure planning and development; and consulting with the university community.
- You are a strategic leader with superb communication and negotiating skills who through collaboration and creativity is able to solve problems and build strong relationships internal and external to the university.
- You are highly motivated, and an experienced professional with a proven track record of success in leading major capital projects preferably in large complex organizations.
- Typically this knowledge and experience is developed through education and professional certification in engineering or architecture; or extensive experience in a comparable role.
- In addition, you have significant project management skills and sound knowledge of construction and the construction industry.
Company: Memorial University of Newfoundland
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, CA
Application Deadline: N/A