Website Memorial University of Newfoundland
The Success Career Coordinator fosters student engagement and success through the coordination and delivery of career advising and professional development opportunities.
- The successful applicant will also assist in the delivery of family programs, general tours, and special events.
- These programs offer children an opportunity to explore Newfoundland’s natural and cultural history through nature hikes, snowshoeing exploration, activities, games, crafts, and adventures.
- Outdoor and weekend work is required.
- Reporting to the Environmental Educator, the candidate will assist with programs including school visits, youth group visits, public programming, winter and summer program planning, and the Merry & Bright Holiday Light Festival.
- Working as part of the MUNBG Education Team, the successful applicant will assist in the planning, research, development, registration, delivery, and assessment of the MUN Botanical Garden education Programs.
- Graduation from a full-time field of study in the areas of natural science (botany, zoology, ecology) and/education; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Experience (1-3 years) interpreting cultural and natural history to youth in an informal educational environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking experience, and supervisory experience are required.
- Artistic skills (i.e. crafts, storytelling, music, photography, etc.) and knowledge of Newfoundland natural and cultural heritage would be considered assets.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and basic computer operations is essential.
Company: Memorial University of Newfoundland
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, CA
Application Deadline: N/A