The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is made up of a team of experts who understand local communities and assess every property in Ontario. What we do provides the very foundation that municipalities use to base the property taxes needed to pay for the services we use every day.
- Develop measurements for the quality of work objects productivity such as building permit, and assessment valuation changes;
- Design and automates the development of control structures; and conducts periodic data reviews to identify data anomalies to mitigate corporate risks;
- Work in collaboration with IT and business stakeholders and data stewards on data issue management and identifies data inconsistencies, evaluates impacts and escalates to manager where necessary;
- Support corporate stakeholders in building a strong data governance foundation by evaluating data sets including data usability, consistency, readiness, security and integrity;
- Serve as core team member on corporate projects, participate as a subject matter expert, and provide support to ensure data governance framework compliance; and
- Perform enterprise data review/validations and root-cause analyses, and provide recommendations for fix and improvement.
- Promote data quality and optimize efficiency through standardization, transparency and traceability;
- Maintain and improve data integrity throughout the data lifecycle in the development of deliverables and ingestion of data into existing systems;
- Lead efforts to develop scalable, innovative approaches to extracting, managing, analyzing and interpreting historical data results to identify trends or patterns in complex data sets and provides ongoing reports and insights and utilize data visualization tools and acquiring data for different data sources;
- Create standard and accurate datasets with consistent business requirements for stakeholders’ use.
- Completion post-secondary (college or university) education;
- Proficient use of Microsoft suite applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proven experience in one or more statistical programming languages such as R, SAS, SPSS, etc;
- Working toward or the completion of a property valuation designation AIMA, MIMA, AACI FRICS, and/or Data Governance related designation; and
- Strong time management and organizational skills to meet tight deadlines and integrate multiple work assignments; and
- In-depth knowledge and experience with assessment terminology, policies and procedures; all aspects of property valuation, MPAC technology-based products, and property assessment and taxation-related legislation;
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills to effectively present complex or sensitive non-compliance issues and persuade or influence others to improve;
Completion post-secondary (college or university) education in: Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Data Science;
- Experience in at least one general programming and/or scripting language such as Java, Python, C++, SQL, etc; and proficient with GIS and visualization tools such as QGIS, ArcView, Qlikview, Tableau and PowerBI.
- A minimum of 7 years progressively responsible experience in data mining and analytics in a similar industry with a minimum 5 years’ experience in quality control;
Company: BC Housing
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A