Website Mount Royal University
Reporting to the Manager, Resource Planning, this position provides hands on support in coordinating and capturing the University’s budget through each three-year budget cycle to ensure proper representation of the Institution’s approved annual business plan and provides financial support and expertise to client service areas. The Finance Business Partner – Resource Planning and Client Service provides expert knowledge and advice from an institutional financial and budgeting perspective, ensuring relevant, timely and accurate analysis and reporting for the university and its controlled entities. This position is involved in preparing the financial analysis of major components of the University, data management, and maintenance of budget systems. The incumbent is responsible for the development of budget and financial reports, providing advice and developing procedures and systematic tools to meet the changing requirements of the University and its stakeholders.
- Perform analytical review and examination of divisional and departmental budget information for accuracy, compliance, completeness and reasonableness.
- Prepare complex detailed reports and analysis that capture the University’s 3 year operating and capital budgets.
- Collaborate with and develop effective relationships with University stakeholders
- Develop and recommend new models and strategies for improving accuracy and efficiency related to significant financial budget estimates
- Monitor and analyze significant financial components for future budget planning and variance analysis reporting
- Review and maintain the budget account structure in accordance with Provincial government reporting regulations and management needs; maintain budget data to ensure auditability for subsequent budget development and revisions.
- Recommend changes to significant financial projections and estimates which impact the overall institutional financial position to inform the annual and 3-year resource planning cycle.
- Support and advise business units for the ultimate preparation of audit-ready financial statements, all related working papers, and all other external reporting
- Prepare and develop calculations, estimates, forecasting and variance analysis for key budget revenue and expense drivers.
- Excellent technical accounting skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, organizational, problem resolution and critical thinking skills
- Applicable systems and technology experience in all Microsoft Office products and large ERP systems
- In-depth knowledge of financial accounting and progressive levels of experience in multiple and varied complex scenarios
- Excellent financial forecasting and budget projection modeling skills and professional judgement
- Strong experience in managing technology related controls in conjunction with financial accounting and other internal controls is required
- 6 – 10 years’ experience
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- A thorough understanding of the fundamentals of financial planning and accounting framework, and the many related accounting and regulatory requirements and their impact on the resulting reporting
- CPA designation required
- University Bachelor Degree
Company: Mount Royal University
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A