Website Morneau Shepell
The Senior Business Systems Specialist role requires an individual with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience who possesses a breath of analytical and data skills. The candidate must be passionate about data and process efficiency. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively with team members and have an understanding of data analysis, data analytics, reporting, dashboarding, and data modeling. They must have a technical background in data analysis, data preparation, on top of Data Lakes and Data Warehouses.
- Develops and automates ETL processes that involves error and reconciliation handling.
- Responsible for designing, building, and supporting the components of data warehouse, such as ETL processes, databases, reports, and reporting environments
- Assembles performance statistics, analyzes them, and makes recommendations for improvements
- Creates processes for maintaining or/and capturing metadata.
- Studies and understands the company’s business processes and applications, including their effect on data and reporting, and applies the knowledge gained in designing data warehouses and reports
- Designs dimensional models with conformed dimensions, following the business’ processes
- Performs capacity planning, supporting, troubleshooting, and ETL performance modification
- Writes reports, adds new fields, creates Business Objects filters, measures and objects; and creates dashboards.
- Identifies and documents all requirements for both fresh and current data warehouse components and reports by working with end users
- Establishes system documentation and ensures it is continually sustained.
- 3-5 years’ interfacing with PowerBI ( PowerBI Desktop, PowerBI Pro)
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key contacts
- 3-5 years’ interfacing with Azure platform ( PowerBI Pro cloud administration)
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, prioritization, and follow-up skills, with a strong commitment to being a team player and meeting the client’s needs
- Familiarity SQL query development (T-SQL) and stored procedures
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency, resourcefulness, responsibility and accountability
- Demonstrated clear and effective professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics / Statistics, Engineering, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years’ interfacing with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
- 3-5 years’ interfacing with Data Mart development/modeling
- Nice to have – 3+ years developing solutions for use on cloud platforms
- 3-5 years’ inerfacing with solutions using standard RDBMS, No-SQL, semi-structured data sources such as SQL Server, MongoDB, Dyanmo DB, Redis, JSON, etc.
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills to enable production of management information
- Ability to work through complex issues in order to meet deadlines for deliverables
- Experienced in estimating complexity, time and effort, planning and worked closely with Project Managers to successfully meet requirements and timelines
- Strong proficiency in Windows 2010 and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to uphold high quality control standards
Company: Morneau Shepell
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: York, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A