Website Morneau Shepell
As Payroll Technician, you will be involved in all aspects of the payment of benefits to pension plan retirees.
- Help analyze and process current payments to our clients’ retirees and ensure that each client’s specific rules will be properly reproduced in our Ariel Payroll system
- Perform retiree payroll reconciliations
- Perform year-end tasks (issuing tax slips, summaries, etc.)
- Carry out other related tasks and projects as required by your supervisor
- Work closely with various internal parties
- Target the sources of any problem and propose effective solutions.
- Know the scope of deliverables and manage and prioritize activities in order to meet deadlines.
- Evaluate and follow internal controls
- Oversee the production of monthly benefits to retirees and lump-sum payments to client employees; produce files for payments by cheque or electronic transfer, and online remittances to governments and suppliers
- Member of the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA), an asset
- Experience in pension plan administration, an asset
- Ability to understand and use current computer technology and excellent command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc.)
- Excellent ability to summarize, understand and systematize technical concepts, and good organizational skills
- Bilingualism an asset; very good oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the laws, standards and government regulations governing benefit payments
- 1-2 years experience in Payrool
- Certificate in business administration, college degree in business administration or accounting, or other relevant training
Company: Morneau Shepell
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A